- Remember, a mask should only be used by health workers, caretakers, and individuals with respiratory symptoms, such as fever and cough.
- Before touching the mask, clean hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- Take the mask and inspect it for tears or holes.
- Orient which side is the top side (where the metal strip is).
- Ensure the proper side of the mask faces outwards (the colored side).
- Place the mask on your face. Pinch the metal strip or stiff edge of the mask so it molds to the shape of your nose.
- Pull down the mask’s bottom so it covers your mouth and your chin.
- After use, take off the mask; remove the elastic loops from behind the ears while keeping the mask away from your face and clothes, to avoid touching potentially contaminated surfaces of the mask.
- Discard the mask in a closed bin immediately after use.
- Perform hand hygiene after touching or discarding the mask – Use alcohol-based hand rub or, if visibly soiled, wash your hands with soap and water.
MOSMIC shares this information for the aim of educating the public concerning the COVID-19 outbreak. We use trusted and official information from the World Health Organization (WHO). WHO is continuously monitoring and responding to this outbreak. This information will be updated as more is known about COVID-19, how it spreads and how it is affecting people worldwide. For more information, check back regularly on WHO’s coronavirus pages. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019.
Leave your questions about COVID-19 (CORONA VIRUS) in the comment section below. Share this post with others to spread awareness.